Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80683members
346682posts

MP130-24M Actuators Always giving 10 Volt Feedback.

Solved
Nick_Ortlipp
Crewman Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

MP130-24M Actuators Always giving 10 Volt Feedback.

Hi,

I have 10 + MP130-24M Actuators installed on a project. All are giving ten volt feed back no mater what the signal is. The feed back only modulates (10 volts- 0 Volts-10 -Volts) When the reset button is pushed. All cables and signals have been proven. I thought it may have been a faulty one at first but each successive actuator has the same issue. MP500 and MP300 installed all work perfectly.

Any ideas on a fix would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Simon_Firth
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Re: MP130-24M Actuators Always giving 10 Volt Feedback.

the MP130 actuator with feedback is the MP130-24MP

P for position feedback.

You need to first ensure the actuator is mounted on the valve, powered and calibrated. Output X is not correct until the actuator is calibrated.

You may need to reset the actuator for it to re-calibrate, and this reset is recommended if the manual override is ever operated.

There is a small push button on the PCBA next to the Dip-switches that re-sets the actuator.

Specification sheet attached

Mr Valve

See Answer In Context

Attachments
4 Replies 4
FirdousKhan
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi the community members can you help this member on this topic please?

@WaynePeters or @DavidChild do you think you can advice on this topic?

@Nick_Ortlipp, in the meantime, please check the Knowledge base, maybe you can find useful information.
But if you still in the same situation please do not hesitate to inform us here.

Have a nice day.

Best,
Firdous - Animation and Moderation Exchange Community Team
DavidChild
Sisko Sisko
Sisko

Hi,

Looking at the install sheet, these don't have feedback....unless I've missed something!

24Vac

Y = 0-10V or 0(4)-20mA control signal

Common

Attachments
Simon_Firth
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

the MP130 actuator with feedback is the MP130-24MP

P for position feedback.

You need to first ensure the actuator is mounted on the valve, powered and calibrated. Output X is not correct until the actuator is calibrated.

You may need to reset the actuator for it to re-calibrate, and this reset is recommended if the manual override is ever operated.

There is a small push button on the PCBA next to the Dip-switches that re-sets the actuator.

Specification sheet attached

Mr Valve
Attachments
Nick_Ortlipp
Crewman Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

It looks like what the issue is, I was commissioning the plant before the chilled water was running. Once a pressure was in the pipes and a reset/power cycle was done on the actuator, the valves stroked and started giving the correct feedback. 

I am a bit worried that with intermittent loss off chilled water pressure which happens often during the commissioning phases of construction, I may have to run around site and reset this model.