New in the Community? Get started here

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Energy Operation Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lieutenant

V2.0.1.2 upgrade scheduled for 2013-04-12

All, the initial problem identified with V2.0.1.2 has been resolved via workaround.

Sites will be upgraded to V2.0.1.2 on Friday 2013-04-12.

The planned maintenance windows are:

APAC servers: The outage will take place on Friday, April 12th at 16:00 UTC. 09:00 Victoria, 17:00 France, 00:00 (Saturday) China

EMEAS Servers: The outage will take place on Friday, April 12th at: 20:00 UTC. 13:00 Victoria, 21:00 France, 04:00 (Saturday) China

NAM Servers: The outage will take place on Friday, April 12th at: 23:00 UTC. 16:00 Victoria, 24:00 (Saturday) France, 07:00 (Saturday) China

During the upgrade, your site will go down for a period of time while the operating system receives windows patches and is restarted.

Please let me know if this schedule conflicts with critical business functions such customer demo, etc. Please note that although this version of Energy Operation is thoroughly tested, you will need to review your sites after the upgrade to ensure all existing dashboards and graphs are still functioning as expected.

We do not anticipate any issues, however, we will have backup and fall-back plans in place so in case of failure, we can revert to the previous version.

Paul

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Lieutenant JG

Re: V2.0.1.2 upgrade scheduled for 2013-04-12

Hi Paul,

We have identified a major issue with V2.0.1.2:

Bug report: SEA B2012 - Apply Spatial filter is not refreshing the charts

It has been fixed in V2.0.1.4 (bug #2668)

Wouldn't be more reasonable to wait for V2.0.1.4?

Thanks,

-Maxence

Commander

Hi Max,

There's a workaround to get the apply spatial button to work in 2.0.1.2.

From the desktop

Right click on the portal icon

Hit Update this portal

Check the Preload each tab checkbox and hit Ok

This should make it so that the Apply spatial filter button will now apply the spatial filter and refresh the charts as expected.

Lieutenant JG

Thanks Sergey. that is a helpful answer.

The only issue I see with that workaround is that you have to make the upgrade and then activate the pre-load option for all portals.

Last but not least, you have to push the updated portals to all users via the portal template push...

It might be a bit painful to apply this kind of tweaks.

Cheers,

-Maxence

Commander

Hi Max,

Yes, there are a number of imperfection in the build being released.  This is one of them, but not the only one.  I have asked to put together a demo of the release, just like we have done in the past, to point out some of the new features as well as some of the gotchas.  I'm not sure on the schedule for this demo for EMEA.

Having said that, the driving force with this rollout is more mechanical.  We have an increasing number of tenants, all running various versions of EO that are no longer supported.  For example, v2.0.0.52 is six or seven releases behind 2.0.1.2.  A number of the tech support issues that come in for these tenants have been addressed in 2.0.1.2.  So it is difficult to record a bug with the development team, because the issue is fixed.  But at the same time, telling the affected customer to wait for an upgrade with no date, is equally bad.

Today, we are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.  There is no good decision.  The only mitigating factor with proceeding as we are, is that there are a number of useful features that are new in 2.0.1.2.  So while it may not be a perfect release, from the bug count point of view, it still delivers significantly more customer value than what you have today.

Hope that this makes it more clear as to why we are proceeding with an upgrade.

Cheers,

Sergey

Lieutenant

Sergey's right. We need to upgrade to avoid being too far behind. I want to clarify one point though. Production is 2 releases behind. The last releases have been: V2.0.0.52 (then a few hot fixes), V2.0.1.0 (then a few hot fixes), and V2.0.1.2. The number of times the build number incremented isn't actually relevant. We need to distinguish between builds and releases.

We've requested that the version numbering scheme used evolve to be more clear to distinguish between a release version and a build number. Evolutions may come in the future.

Paul

Janeway Adi Janeway
Janeway

I agree, we have to move forward.

If there are imperfections (bugs) discovered in the new upgrade, tech support can advise you fast if the bug was already fixed, or if not, then to record it as a bug.

If the tenant business is critical to Schneider Electric, then tech support should contact the offer management or the product owner: Debbie Guidry to apply for a HotFix (tech support will provide the technical details).

Enhancement requests need to go through offer management into the product owner.

The offer management person that the customer needs to be contacting depends on the region:

-APAC : Laurent Coene

-EMEAS: Carlos Tangerino; Raedah Saman

-NAOD: Kevin Nusky

Commander

Has this timetable changed? My tenant portal got a surprise upgrade on the 9th of April...

Other than the above pre-loading work around, are there any other side-effects in this version we should be wary of?

So far I have noticed that my calendar events had their time zones reset to UTC, many of my Dynamic Display headers have disappeared into the ether, and any series customisations that include 'Hide Values' are ineffective and no-longer hiding the values.

Lieutenant

Nicola,

We've decided to upgrade the training tenants and the sandbox tenants earlier now. Since these sites are all internal Schneider sites (no demos, no customer usage, etc) then we benefit from advanced EO users using these sites for a few days before we plan to go to production. So, this is a chance for advanced users to identify defects and report them before they go to production. In this case, I'm tagging some QA guys on my reply. They can review all of your issues that you've found and can determine if these are defects that should be fixed before proceeding to production.

In general, Darren posts release notes with all feature enhancements, bug fixes, and known defects. They are here:

https://powersolutionscommunity.schneider-electric.com/community/energy-operation/content?filterID=c...

(link edited by to filter content by tag)

Commander

Ok, a bit of notice would have been nice but I suppose that makes sense. In Australia we do use our Sandbox for some demos as we like to be able to demonstrate our Schneider sites and the full range of what EO can do, using real, local data and local settings.

Will send through a bit more detail on the upgrade issues experienced.

Lt. Commander

Nicola, I agree with you, as in Switzerland we are using our Sandbox for demo purposes as well. Furthermore I was on the way for testing the import of EGX300 data into EO and it didn't work. So I thought, that something in my configuration was wrong, but obviously the problem should be linked to the upgrade!

Please can you inform us, as soon that the upgrade will be finished?

Commander

Hi Daniel,

I have had some problems with the upgrade but importing EGX300 data was not one. My existing source has been continuously sending the data through as it always has. Unfortunately maybe you will have to look at your configuration...

Lt. Commander

Yes, it's possible. But first the system must be back to work to be sure, that this wasn't the problem. I just pushed the data from the EGX manually once and I saw, that they were well arriving in EO (on the ftp site) but when I created a meter, it didn't had any data. As I have the same problem (no data in Meters) with existing meters that once worked since the upgrade of EO, I think that the problem must come from there.

Commander

Hi Daniel,

This sounds like a tech support case - please use the contact information in Sergey's post below to get help with this issue.

Tony

Commander

Thanks for jumping on this Paul.  However, please note that the official technical support channel is still the best way for users to report any issues they experience when using Energy Operation.  The tech support staff is trained and dedicated to help record, track and drive the resolution to any negative experiences using the software.  Reaching out directly to other Schneider employees can sometimes lead to delays and frustrations as emails not sent to the tech support address can go unanswered as people travel for business or go on holidays, or the emails can simply get caught by spam filters or otherwise lost in the everyday shuffle that is so common in today's hectic business world. 

Email:            global-ems-solutions-support@schneider-electric.com

Phone:

NAOD: +1 615-287-3400 (7:30 AM – 7:00 PM US-Central Time)

EMEAS:                +420 281 088 660 (8:30 AM – 5:30 PM Central Europe Time)

APOD:   +852 2579 9568 (9:00 AM – 6:00 PM China Standard Time)