This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by fred teng on 2017-01-18
dco8.01 dce7.41 ups mode is infraStruXure Symmetra 160k
When I set up the PUE in the DCO need to use UPS data, the system prompts " There seems to be an error with the DDF for one of the selected devices. please consult DCIM support for an updated DDF"
This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-01-20
Currently reproducible - I have also tested this yesterday (by using DCE 7.4.2 and DCO 8.0.3), apparently some sensor parameter(s) not being reported correctly. I believe this is going to be investigated asap, to figure out what specific information should be included in the "ddf" file and/or if there should be a need for an enhancement in a future version of DCE.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ragupathy Kandasamy on 2017-01-23
Dear Jef Faridi,
Kindly share the DDF information(name along with version) if you have. Also please confirm if the device is Modbus or SNMP.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2017-01-30
I am also able to re-produce the following DDF error when I am trying to add the IT load script by selecting the UPS for creating Energy System. The UPS model is Symmetra 48 KW-PX 2 UPS. DCO version: 8.0.3
The UPS is discovered via SNMP.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Janis Magazeinis on 2017-10-18
Hello DCIM community,
I faced the same issue using DCE v7.4.1 and DCO v8.0.4 for UPS devices:
Both UPS devices got default DDFs.
Guys, how can I solve this error? Do I need to replace some DDFs? Which then are actual DDFs for mentioned UPS devices?
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-10-18
To my knowledge this is expected to be fixed in a future version of DCE.
For the time being, as a sort of work around, maybe creating virtual sensor(s) (on DCE) and then using that in DCO could be tried out.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Janis Magazeinis on 2017-10-31
Thank You for the answer, Jef! I have not tried yet, but hope that the upgrade or virtual sensors will solve the issue!
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Sameeh ahmad on 2017-11-21
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-11-21
This is expected to be fixed in DCE.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Joshua Ellis on 2018-03-19
Hello, it appears that DCE 7.5.0 may resolve this issue. We would advise that users who are still running 7.4.3, or a prior version that is affected by this issue, please upgrade to 7.5.0 to confirm the problem no longer occurs.
If 7.5.0 does not resolve the issue please let me know.
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!