43426members
217963posts

create thresholds on all devices

Highlighted

create thresholds on all devices

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by dan peterman on 2020-01-08

hi,

i was looking to add threshold alerts, but didn't want to add them individually to each device. is there a way we can create a threshold alert that blankets all devices within DCE? or do i have to go through individually to each device and set it up?

thanks, Dan

(CID:153552254)

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: create thresholds on all devices

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2020-01-08

Dear dan peterman,

Just select the required device group in the Alarm Configuration menu and select Create Thresholds in the context menu, for example:

Hope this helps you.

With respect.

(CID:153552259)

Highlighted

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by dan peterman on 2020-01-08

yes that does work, thanks for that!

what we are running into is that i didn't realize that some of our sites have different models and equipment so when i go to set a threshold it only returns equipment that has that specific sensor or category. so when i have 91 devices and i created a threshold but it only created it for 40 devices that was the reason why. but this does help! thanks!

(CID:153552299)

Highlighted

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2020-01-08

Ok, very thanks for the good feedback :-).

(CID:153552316)

Highlighted

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.