This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Waseem Khan on 2018-01-18
Jef Faridi Dear jeff
I want to report an another issue regarding the work order while creating the work order request the system freezes the client application shuts down- kindly find the attached logs (application log and client log) as well as screen-shots
What i was able to rectify is, the issue is with the PC because when we are using same account on another PC the work orders requests are working fine
So it seems the issue is with the machine only but we are not able to rectify what exactly the issue is
Kindly i need your advice and support in this matter
Solved! Go to Solution.
This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-01-18
Client log contains entries like "Parameter Validation Exception", "unable to get work order groups", etc.
Issue seems to be related to some "broken" work order(s) in the setup, so just loading work order(s) (and possibly trying to edit/save) is generating unexpected system error.
To be able to help you out and find the cause, then I would need to ask for the latest backup file (so it can be investigated)?
You've mentioned that you do not see this issue on another workstation, so I would guess most likely that might be related to the clients cached files. I think if you clear the temp files (located in .isxo folder) and run the same test, you would experience a similar client restart issue.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Waseem Khan on 2018-01-21
Jef Faridi Thanks for your answer jef
I already told you due to privacy issues customer is not allowing for the backup file
ain't there any solution without providing the backup file like remote desktop or anything which will solve these issues ?
Pls i need your support
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-01-21
You are most welcome.
Apparently it doesn't seem to be a known issue - so I'm not sure what we can expect by doing a remote session. However, I will discuss this remote access option with our team and will get back to as soon as possible, thanks.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-01-30
I have been testing the kindly provided backup file (8.0.2_2018-01-24_02.30.tar.gz) from your/customers 8.0.2 setup.
I was testing this on my 8.0.2 setup and I was able to create work order tasks without any problem.
I think the reason why some clients/PC's experiencing the issue is likely network related. There are a lot of "Unable to tunnel through proxy" entries in the application log pointing to network related issue.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Waseem Khan on 2018-01-30
Jef Faridi Hi jef
But if its network related then how come from that workstation/PC I'm able to access the server there is no firewall the ports are opened how come only with work orders ?
i checked with the network team i already did the test process bi-directional traffic sending to server it was all OK
how to solve it? is there any solution that you can suggest ?
Please i need your support in this matter
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-01-31
I think that workstation/PC might be using it's cached data - attempt to update cached work orders failing because of the network problem.
Due to network issues, I don't think it can get updated data from server at all. I think if you start the client with clean cache, then you will see the general issue. It seems in general, this client/PC is having problem connecting the server via port 443.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Waseem Khan on 2018-02-04
Jef Faridi Hi jef
Attached is the network test result and there is no issue with the network. We did opened the following ports 443,80,8080,4459,4462 and we were able to see the traffic (packets were sent as well as received)
The issue seems quite clearly in that particular PC/Workstation
I guess there are some files in that PC/Workstation which are stopping the work order to save
As per your last comment you said there are some cached files which might be causing issue, if you can tell me where are those files located maybe i need to delete/debug those file which are causing issues
PS: I also uninstalled and re-Installed the DCO software
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-02-05
Client temp files are usually located in the following folder:
(Windows) C:\Users\<user name>\.isxo\8.xxx,
You can either delete the folder, or rename it to something else such as "old_8.xxx".
So, next time you start the DCO client, it will start with a clean cache.
hope this helps,
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Waseem Khan on 2018-02-13
Jef Faridi hey jef
Finally after cleaning the cache it helped and solved the issue
Thanks for your support always
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-02-13
Sounds really great, I'm glad to hear that. Many thanks for the update.
Discuss challenges and get support in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Over 10,000+ support articles are available to help you find answers to your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!