This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by vadim.dvirnyy on 2015-12-21
Have repeating message on client PCs trying to connect to StruxureWare Central 188.8.131.524 server:
"The client has lost communication with the server. Check to be sure the server is communicating and log in again".
Message appears after different client work time - from 1 minute to 1 hour. Started to bothering about 2 weeks ago.
In logs there are messages:
!MESSAGE Unhandled exception reading from server
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: : Protocol violation: Unexpected single newline character in chunk size
Server is 10.181.1.1, affected PCs from 10.181.50.*. Computers from 10.181.1.* work fine.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jesper Bjerregård on 2015-12-21
Hi Vadim, It is is not easy to say what is causing this based on the few lines from the log files. Did any changes happen to the network 2 weeks ago when the problem started? Would it be possible for you to sent us the complete log files. The instructions on how to download the log files can be found here: http://dcimsupport.apc.com/questions/105458517/how-to-download-capture-logs-on-data-center-expert StruxureWare Central version 7.0 is an older version. If a valid support contract exists will it also be possible to upgrade to a newer version. Thanks Jesper
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by vadim.dvirnyy on 2015-12-21
Hello, server logs collecting is underway - need someone who has appropriate rights, ETA tomorrow. There were no network changes at the moment of problem start, but we noticed that problem PCs is in Windows domain - independently to network subnet. Contacting with domain administrator to check if there were any changes in domain. There are network settings screenshots, logs from client PCs and some NB logs for last days in attached .zip. Can you tell that upgrade to newest version will exactly eliminate the problem?
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by vadim.dvirnyy on 2015-12-22
Hello, server log archive collected, where to send it?
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jesper Bjerregård on 2015-12-22
Hi Vadim, I have sent you an email with a link to a box folder. Have you tried on un-install and install the client again? It might be a problem with mismatch between the client and the server information. Might also want to investigate if the problems only occur for some of the PC's and if this has someting to do with the domain. An upgrade will not fix this problem if this is related to network issues or if some of the clients works. But a new version of Data Center Operation will give you latest fixes and security patches. Thanks Jesper
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by vadim.dvirnyy on 2015-12-23
Hello, Thank you for your responce. Logs pack uploaded to folder. Still waiting answer from network engineer about domain related works at specified time. WIll try to reinstall client at domain and non-domain PCs tomorrow.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jesper Bjerregård on 2016-01-05
Hi Vadim, Did you get any result from talking to the network engineer? The way you describe it it sounds like a network issue. If the server is on 10.181.1.1 and the affected PCs is on 10.181.50.*. And Computers from 10.181.1.* works fine. Then it sounds like there is some kind of network issue between the two networks. One thing to try is to take a computer that works from the 10.181.1.* network and move it to the 10.181.50.*. Is this computer still able to log into the Data Center Expert server after being moved? Do you know what was changed in the network before the problem start occurring? Thanks Jesper
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Stine Hansen on 2016-01-08
Hi vadim.dvirnyy, did you see this? Kind regards, Stine
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by vadim.dvirnyy on 2016-01-12
Hello, sorry for late answer - there were new year holidays. As i mentioned before, domain PCs are 10.181.50.* (work bad) and non-domain PCs are 10.181.1.* (work well). When we're connecting non-domain PCs to 10.181.50.*, they're still work fine. In logs we're see messages 'Unexpected single newline character in chunk size' at the crash moment, which is very likely applies to Java. Could it be a problem with corporate firewall or antivirus software? Is something seen from collected logs?
This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jesper Bjerregård on 2016-01-12
Hi vadim.dvirnyy We can not see directly in the logs what is causing this, but I think your assumptions are correct. It could be a firewall or a antivirus issue. If you can move one of the non-domain to the 10.181.50.* and it works does it sound like the issue is on the the domain PC's. To investigate this further could you move one of the domain PC's to the Private Lan of the DCE server (I assume you are using a private lan). This way will you be able to connect to the server from a Domain PC without going through a firewall. This way will you know if the issue is on the PC or in the firewall Thanks Jesper
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!