We upgraded DCE to version 7.8.1 about 2 months ago. Ever since then, we've been noticing issues with SNMP outlet control on all/most/many of our PDUs that are running v3.x firmware.
The issue for each PDU is basically as follows:
- SNMP outlet control (from the right-click menu in DCE) doesn't work
- Outlet control via PDU web interface does work
- After a PDU mgmt interface reboot, SNMP outlet control works again
My current assumption is that this is a one-time issue (I hope) for each v3.x PDU after the 7.8.1 DCE update.
Couple resulting questions:
- Is this a known issue? If so, any fixes or workarounds?
- Is there a way to do a bulk mgmt interface reboot on all v3.x devices? Or all PDUs? Or - worst case - all devices in DCE?
@lahey9984 not yet; leaning towards doing some sort of telnet/SSH script that connects to the devices to reboot them but haven't quite figured that out yet. Was hoping there might be an easier option.
Curious: did your issue start after updating DCE as well?
I kept consistently seeing this issue with all v3.x devices until they were rebooted.
Used the following method to bulk-reboot all of them:
- Export device list from StruxureWare and filter down to just the v3.x devices
- Copy out those IPs and create a batch script to telnet to these using Putty
- Use PuttyCS to send the appropriate sequence of commands to all of the Putty windows to log in and reboot the management interface. You have to be careful here to make sure all windows are following along.
Note that this is very dirty/hacky but it worked for me.
Also note that you may have to do this in batches depending on how many devices you have. I did batches of ~40 at a time.
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!