This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Scott Wickham on 2017-06-16
After looking for some minutes I understand I cannot download StruxeWare DCE but that I have to contact technical support to get the software. So I log onto StruxureWare for Data Centers Support and spend some more minutes trying to find out how to e-mail technical support. Nothing. Typical in my 10 years experience with APC Schneider. Sorry to say.
So I'll try "jumping through this hoop", post a question here and hope "technical support" will reply.
1) I would like to download StruxureWare DCE version 7.4.3. We are a licensed user.
2) Our 20K PDU had a power problem. However in "Alarm History" all it tells me is status resolved on a number of Descriptions. However I have to drill down into an "alarm" called "No longer on battery power" to find out that the actual alarm (going on battery power) occurred at 3:36AM. So, my point is that It doesn't even appear in the Alarm history list.
3) Finally, and this will be posted in Feature Requests too... We use VMWare ESX to host over 100 servers. Why can't StruxureWare DCE or some component of our APC / Schneider Electric equipment send a notification to the ESX host to notify it that "When the PDU has only 10 or whatever minutes runtime left, the initiate a graceful shutdown of the servers. IE Turn of the ESX host and the servers will (by design) start a graceful shutdown? Or maybe I missed something.
This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Tim Howard on 2017-06-16
1) You can contact North American support at 877-908-2688 or fill out the email form at http://www.apc.com/us/en/support/contact-us/index.jsp. We will need to open a case and verify your support contract before we can send out any upgrade links.
2) I would need to take a look at the system including the error logs from the PDU as well as DCE in order to make any determination as to root cause. We can address this when you contact support for your upgrade links.
3) The procedure that you're referring to is handled by a piece of software called PowerChute Network Shutdown. We can also assist you in downloading and configuring this software for use with an ESXi host or cluster.
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!