41333members
184398posts

Mac OS Catalina with DCO

Highlighted
Cadet

Mac OS Catalina with DCO

Hello,

A user has been having difficulties loading DCO (8.2.2) desktop client.  He has recently had to upgrade his laptop and is using MAC OS "Catalina".  Is this version compatible?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Mac OS Catalina with DCO

Hi Nigel,

I have heard some MAC users having similar issue, that seems to be java related. user might want to try installing Java Legacy 1.6 for MAC OS and see if that helps.

Kind regards,

Jef

Highlighted
Cadet

The user is reluctant to downgrade his Java which I think is higher at 1.7 or something.  The error appears as attached.  I think in this case we will have to pursue the upgrade and hope that once we migrate to ITA this user can continue to use the desktop client or be satisfied with the larger feature suite in the web client.  He is a read/write user.

Highlighted
Cadet

Hi,

I just tried the 8.2.2 client on macOS Catalina (10.15.4) successfully.  The error you're seeing is from changes in the code-signing workflow, where this client build predates them.

You should be able to bypass them by opening the Applications folder, right-clicking (or control-clicking) the DCO application, and selecting Open from the context menu.  This only needs to be done once (or each time the DCO application is updated).

ref: https://support.apple.com/en-us/guide/mac-help/mh40616/mac

Highlighted
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Hi Nigel,
Many thanks for the screen shot - that doesn't seem to be java related, but privacy related.

You/user might want to try a) go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and click on Open anyway (or something like that), and or b) try the option Shaun has kindly shared.

Kind regards