This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Yilai Min on 2019-12-11
Same MSSQL DB worked for DCO 8.2.11, but not working for ITA as we are testing ITA in our environment.
A glimpse of the error message:
2019-12-11 10:22:17,020 ERROR [jFjty+bxSwmoEQLoQLQADw] [22f714b937c2] [org.pentaho.di] (swoAsset_v2.0.0 - Synchronize after merge) Syn
chronize after merge - org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:
Unable to roll back database transaction to savepoint
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2019-12-12
I will contact you shortly and may ask for the following data:
1) short description of what have been down after restoring the backup file (from DCO 8.2.11) on ITA 9.0.4 that may concern the etl integration(s) (such as coping/moving "etl files" to somewhere, modifying the etl configuration settings, etc.)
2) screen capture of ETL integration page in web-client > Settings > Manage ETL Configuration, and also screen capture of the possible displayed error
3) description/illustration of what is expected from the ETL job/integration
4) Complete server logs, (can be collected via web-client, Administration > Download log files)
5) copy of the latest backup file
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Yilai Min on 2019-12-16
To answer your questions:
1) no actions have been done after restoration. but i did tried to recreate the ETL configuration, same thing. We have no customized ETL files, everything is DCO default.
3) what we expect is that the job could complete without failure as what it suppose to
4) 5) ftp server, "external_etl_issue.zip"
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2019-12-17
Many thanks, I will get back to you as soon as possible.
This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2019-12-18
I have studied the kindly provided data, and it appears there is a bug that needs to be fixed. I think the first transformation/export job to SQL server may be successful, but the following synchronizations may fail due to conflict in certain data type.
I have registered a bug report for this, so it can be fixed in a near future release version. I will email you a direct message as well, thanks.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Yilai Min on 2019-12-18
Thanks Jef for the update.
From what i've been tracking, we have another case logged for backup rotation issue. It would be nice if SE can fix that issue together in the new release version.
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!