This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2016-03-21
Some commen steps that might be needed to re-install StruxureWare Portal on a Windows server:
1. Un-install StruxureWare Portal (ex: C:\Program Files\StruxureWare Portal\uninstall.exe)
2. If not removed already, then delete the 'struxureware portal' and the 'postgresql' directories from the Program Files folder
3. Remove the postgres account, assuming you do not have any other application using the postgres database. This can be done from the command prompt, eg open cmd and run the following command:
net user postgres /del
4. restart the workstation
5. Install StruxureWare Portal
6. To avoid any java related issues, you might need to remove all versions of the installed java, and let Portal install whatever needed to be installed.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Willian Ferreira on 2017-11-14
Here's always the same problem:
even after removing Postgres net user
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-11-14
Can you please post this as a new community Question.
Please also add details describing the installation and the issue, thanks.
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!