This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Andrew Gray on 2017-07-21
Mass Configure User Settings on 3.X-5.X NMCs
Follow the procedure listed here.
Within the configuration section titled User Management where the following information can be defined:
- Administrator Password
- Device Password
- Read-Only Password
Mass Configuring User Settings on 6.X NMCs
1) Open the DCE Desktop Client and log in.
2) Within the Monitoring Perspective (button) select the group that contains the devices within the Device Groups pane. Within the Device View pane, right-click on the device and select APC SNMP Device Configuration.
NOTE: An alternative method is to go to the Device menu and select APC SNMP Device Configuration.
3) Select User configuration and click OK.
NOTE: If you are not prompted for this option, the device that was selected is not running a firmware version of 6.X.
NOTE: File transfer using SCP may be unsuccessful on some NMC v6.X devices. For best results, set the protocol to FTP Only in the Device File Transfer Settings. See instructions on editing these at the bottom of this knowledge base.
NOTE: This method should work on APC OS version 6.0.0 and higher, excluding v6.0.6 through v6.1.1.
4) Select the device or devices that you wish to configure users on and click Next.
Creating / Modifying Users and Super User
1) Select Create/Modify User or the Modify Super User.
2) Fill in the Username and Password field.
NOTE: Username is a case sensitive field.
NOTE: If the user already exists on any destination device, all its settings, including the password, will be overwritten.
3) Ensure to set the Role along with any other information.
4) For the user to be able to log in, ensure to Enable the user.
5) After all necessary settings are entered, click OK.
6) Repeat steps 1 through 5 for any additional users that need to be created/modified.
7) Click Finish.
Deleting an Existing User
1) Select Delete Existing User button.
2) Enter the Username of the user and click OK.
NOTE: Username is case sensitive.
3) Repeat the steps 1 through 2 for any additional users that need to be deleted.
Adding a Custom Command
See the CSF instructions within knowledge base FA176542 for command parameters.
Editing Device File Transfer Settings
1) On the Select Destination Devices screen, click the Device File Transfer Settings Button.
2) Either Add a new entry or Edit an existing entry.
NOTE: It is recommended to keep the number of entries to a minimum.
NOTE: It is recommended to have as few wildcard entries as possible that apply to the same device ranges.
3) Ensure to select the appropriate IP range, username, password, and protocol type for the device connection.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Stine Hansen on 2017-10-17
Thanks for sharing, Andrew Gray!
Discuss challenges and get support in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Over 10,000+ support articles are available to help you find answers to your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!