43546members
218143posts

Easy UPS 3S SNMP DDF

Highlighted

Easy UPS 3S SNMP DDF

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Evgeny Razdobarov on 2019-12-19

Our customer would like to integrate Easy UPS 3S into DCE via SNMP. Is there a DDF file for download? In DDF catalog I can find only for modbus

(CID:152571153)

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Easy UPS 3S SNMP DDF

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2019-12-19

Dear Evgeny,

Please find the attached Easy UPS 3S SNMP card DCE DDF file. ppc_upsmate.zip

Easy UPS 3S SNMP card uses ppc DDF file. 

https://ddf.ecostruxureit.com/

Note: If you are using the latest DA807 SNMP card in your Easy UPS 3S, then please ensure to enable SNMP version 3 on the SNMP card before discovering it in DCE software. SNMP version 1 is not supported in DA807 type card. 

(CID:152571166)

Highlighted

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Evgeny Razdobarov on 2019-12-19

Dear Balaraman! It is clear. Thanks for very fast reply!

(CID:152571174)

Highlighted

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by François on 2020-01-29

Hi Balaraman Jagadeesan, I have tried to discover two easy UPS 3S with DA807 SNMP card.

I am able to discover the UPS's only if using "None" for auth and privacy. Using MD5, SHA, DES or AES gives nothing (a SNMP device is seen but show as not communicating and see no sensor). The strange thing is that if I use the SNMP device walk from DCE web interface, I am able to retrieve OIDs data using auth and privacy settings. Any idea of could be wrong here ? Could it be a DDF issue ? I am using DCE 7.7.1.

(CID:154404772)

Highlighted

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2020-01-30

Hi Francois, 

I want to know if the attached DDF of Easy UPS 3S SNMP card was added already? The DDF is not preloaded in DCE for this UPS SNMP card. 

I could discover the Easy UPS 3S SNMP card DA807 in DCE and EcoStruxure IT gateway successfully. 

I configured the following SNMP version as an example

User name: admin

Auth. Protocol: MD5

Privacy Protocol: DES

Password: 12345678

I could discover it in DCE version 7.7.1 and 7.8.0
Regards,
Bala

(CID:154404942)

Highlighted

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by François on 2020-01-30

Hi Balaraman Jagadeesan,

The DDF PPC UPSMate UPS version 4 is loaded. 

I basically did what is decribed in your screen shots (with different user names and password).

The stranger is that we have two UPS and we tried the following yesterday :

• I initially managed to discover one UPS properly in DCE, just to ensure the SNMPv3 was working fine with auth and rpiv passwords
  • Later on, I tried to discover the second UPS, and that's where I started to see the issue
  • I decided then to remove and rediscover the first one and from here it did no longer work

I will try today an upgrade to version 7.8.

For now, I have dicovered the two UPS with no auth and privacy passwords

Rgds

F

(CID:154405042)

Highlighted

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by François on 2020-01-30

Hi Balaraman Jagadeesan, upgrade to 7.8 has fixed the issue. UPS can now be discovered using passwords for authentication and privacy. 

Thanks for your support,

F

(CID:154405321)

Highlighted

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.