43429members
217967posts

Differences between co-lo and rack license

Highlighted

Differences between co-lo and rack license

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by FLORIN IOAN CUCU on 2020-01-13

Hello all.

I gave the following issue: I have 20 license for co-lo in i DCO installation, only 16 being used. I need to add 6 more racks. If I tried to add the racks, of course that installed licenses were not enough. A colleague of mine have purchased for this case a 20 rack license. When I inserted the license, 16 rack co-lo licenses are shown as used, and also 16 rack licenses are shown as used. My question is: Have we purchased the wrong license type or there is a workaround to solve the problem? Thank you in advance.

(CID:153553239)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Differences between co-lo and rack license

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2020-01-13

Hello Florin.

Co-Location licenses in DCO are slightly different in that they are limited by rack count as all as floor space. So if you purchased 20 racks of co-location licenses your DCO solution would be limited to 20 racks or 2000 sq/ft (approx 186 sq/m) 

Is it possible your room space may be exceeded?

Regards

Greg Sterling

(CID:153553781)

Highlighted

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.