41333members
184398posts

Dco - IT Advisor

Highlighted
Ensign

Dco - IT Advisor

Hi all

a PDPM138H-5U is a Rack Power Distrubution. This device is without a breaker panel and a Pdpu is unable to connect to him.

So is there any way to change this in the next genoma release?

i have posted the same question many years ago but.....

As workaround i have created a "fake" PDPM closer the rack

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Crewman

Re: Dco - IT Advisor

Gianluca,

Although I don't fully understand the limitation behind it, unfortunately this isn't as simple as updating the genome. This would require a major update that allows rack mount devices to have UPS and PDU power properties.  

@Jef  or @gsterling are there any details available on this feature request, specifically rack mount UPS and PDU power path, and if there is a target release date/or version?

Highlighted
Ensign

Hi

try to add a PDPM138H-5U inside a Rack

there is only  Power Dependency and not Breaker Panel

PDPM138H-5U.JPG

Highlighted
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Hi Gianluca,

From the power configuration point of view, the functionality of PDPM138H-5U as rack mounted PDU is not supported.
In DCO/ITA, power path may start from UPS -> PDU -> rack-pdu and/or from PDU -> rack-pdu

They (UPS, PDU) are all floor mounted equipment, and rack/rack-pdus,are being considered as consumer.

So, in general functionality of the rack mounted PDU or UPS is unsupported.

It seems for the time being, a possible work-around as you may have done it already, to model it as floor standing PDU. 

Kind regards,

Highlighted
Ensign

Hi Jef

when is going to be supported functionality of the rack mounted PDU or UPS?

Thanks

Highlighted
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Hi Gianluca,

Honestly I/we don't know that.

Kind regards

Highlighted
Lieutenant JG

Hello Gianluca, if you share the customer name for this item we will forward the request for this feature as feedback to product management.

Regards

Greg Sterling

Highlighted
Ensign

Hi Greg.

is not only a customer

are many

Highlighted
Lieutenant JG

Can you provide a few names? It helps if we can identify specific names/quantities rather than stating in the feedback request "alot of customers" are requesting.

In many cases when the feature is being considered for a release the prod management team will contact some customers to get specific details regarding how the feature would be used in their cases.

Regards

Greg Sterling

Highlighted
Lieutenant JG

Gianluca, if you decide to provide additional details please, please either direct email them to us (do not post customer names in the forum) or if you hover over our names below you can direct message us.

Regards

Greg Sterling