This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Cory McDonald on 2016-09-21
In order to customize email notifications, you would need to use the Short Message Email Option. Below is a quick how-to guide to creating and customizing a new Short Message Email alert.
1) Open the StruxureWare Data Center Expert client.
2) Alarm Configuration Menu > Manage Alarm Actions.
4) Send Short message Email... > Next.
5) Provide an SMS E-mail Action Name and add in the emails that you would like it to go to.
6) The Subject and message fields can be customized using a defined list of macros that are available:
An example of macro usage with their results is listed below. Text, including spaces within the email will be kept when the information is emailed out.
After creating a custom email, remember to associate it to a Notification Policy. Instructions for this can be found within: Data Center Expert - How to Configure Email Notifications
This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.
Have a question? Please contact us with details, and we will respond.
Look through existing questions to find popular answers.
Want to know more about Exchange and its possibilities?
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!
Register today for FREE
Already have an account?Log in