This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Alastair Macleod on 2019-06-25
I have a client running both DCE and DCO (latest versions). In DCO device association there are a number of devices that are not showing but are live in DCE. The majority of devices have been discovered corretly however there are a number of devices (that where added at the same time or earlier as the ones that are working correctly), that are not being picked up by DCO. Is anyone able to offer any troubleshooting steps or advice?
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2019-06-26
I would basically check if the communication between DCO and the integrated DCE is okay, and DCO is getting the device updates (from DCE). It can be verified via DCO desktop client, System Setup > External Systems Configuration > edit the integrated DCE, and then push the "Test" button.
Do you know how many devices that are not being displayed in DCO?
What is the type & model of those devices? can you share screen capture (from DCE) illustrating those devices.
Are there similar device(s) (same type/model) that being displayed in DCO?
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Alastair Macleod on 2019-06-27
DCO and DCE is integrated okay, they have confirmed https/http/snmp works fine and that they can access the devices web pages from each network, the majority of their devices have been picked up and are working. The client has two sites, it's the second site that they are having problems with however it's not with all devices as they can see some but not all devices.
I have also attached some screen grabs of the issue. Is shows what I can see in DCE and DCO (in the associated and unassociated devices). As you’ll be able to see hac1-cab1-pdu1b isn’t there.
DCO Associated Devices
DCO Unassociated Devices
Let me know what you think.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2019-07-02
I will send you an invite to my =S= box Hi Alastair,
Just in case, can you search for them in the "Show Discovered Devices" (illustrated below):
Would it be possible to ask for the following data so I can take a look and see what might be the issue/cause:
a) screen capture(s) from DCE, showing problem units in "Device Groups" and in "Device View".
b) latest copy of DCO backup file
c) server logs (can be collected from DCO web-client, Administration > Download log files)
I will send you an invite to my =S= box shortly so the data safely can be shared with me, thanks.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Alastair Macleod on 2019-07-02
I've put somescreenshots in your box. We're still working on getting the Backups and Logs however we found all the missing devices in the Discovered Devices tab, but they don’t show a location and I can’t do anything with them from this page.
This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2019-07-03
Sounds great that they are in DCO. If you do not see them in the "Planning Device Association" > Unassociated Devices, then probably they are associated. In "Show Discovered Devices" view, try to right click on a device and see what the right click menu displays. If they are associated, the right click menu show display "Show in Layout" and "Show in Navigation", then you can locate the associated device in the layout and/or navigation. I can also check this when I get the DCO backup file.
Discuss challenges and get support in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Over 10,000+ support articles are available to help you find answers to your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!