This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Momen Samy on 2019-02-18
After installing latest version of DCO 8.2.12 and trying to open the web client, the page keep refreshing saying "Service is starting".
When i checked the DCO status from the webmin it gives me "Application Status (Starting or non responding)", as below screen shot
I have tried to re-install DCO 8.2.12, but this didn't solve the problem, however, when i tried to install DCO v8.2.7 it works well and the web client opens normally.
Is this s problem in v 8.2.12 ??
thanks for prompt help.
This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2019-03-08
Is it possible to ask for the server logs? Based on the description, I guess for some reason the installation might have not been successful. Are you installing on physical machine or VM? if VM, what is the spec of the virtual machine and what is spec of the physical machine hosting the VM?
Most common cause for installation failure which I've seen in the past could be:
a) "damaged/incomplete" installer iso (might have been happened during the download process), so you might want to re-download the installer and use that for installation and see if that helps.
b) if the server is unable to access the Internet (during the installation) and download required packages. So you might want to try the offline installation option, eg. in the initial installation menu, select Troubleshooting and then Install offline option.
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!