This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by leon.mills on 2015-12-01
I need to upgrade the firmware for a customer of some 500 power rails 200 or so inrow cooler...
They do not allow the DCE server to talk to the web, due to security concerns, is there a link to the files that can be manually uploaded to the DCE then pushed out to the devices ???
This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Warren Robb on 2015-12-01
I have not tried this process myself, however the online help (Pg 97, refers to the following process).
Importing the APC updates catalog
You can download a copy of the APC updates catalog (for SNMP devices and NetBotz Appliances) to your client, and then import that catalog to the StruxureWare Data Center Expert server, when that server does not have internet access to the APC updates server. StruxureWare Data Center Expert 7.2.7 97
Note: This procedure assumes your client has internet access to the APC updates server. If not, you will need to download the updates catalog to a machine that does have access, and transfer the file to your client.
1. Access the Software/Firmware download page (http://apc.com/tools/download).
2. In the Filter by Hardware list, select StruxureWare Data Center Expert , then select your part number, and click Submit.
3. In StruxureWare Data Center Expert Device Firmware Catalog File listing, click Download.
4. In the APC Login/Registration page, click Login, if you are already registered, or Register, to register.
5. In the Personal Login page, log in.
6. In the Software/Firmware download page, click Download Now.
7. Once the updates catalog is downloaded, select Apply Firmware Updates in the Updates menu in the StruxureWare Data Center Expert client.
8. In the "Select Device Updates" display, click Import.
9. In the "Open" display, browse to the downloaded APC updates catalog, and click Open.
10. Go to step 4 of the Performing a firmware update task to update devices using the imported APC updates catalog
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!