43429members
217967posts

BCM re-associating in DCO after DCE deletion and rediscovery

Highlighted

BCM re-associating in DCO after DCE deletion and rediscovery

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jeff Shaw on 2019-12-11

I deleted a modbus device in DCE and rediscovered it. This BCM device was associated with a floor PDU in DCO.

After rediscovering, and reassociating in DCO (due to a DDF issue), DCO shows a "recommendation" that associated device data has been lost. Of course it has and I understand that, but I cannot get this recommendation to clear. Will it go away on its own after a time period? There are no longer any offline associated devices with this floor PDU.

Thanks!

(CID:152569196)

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: BCM re-associating in DCO after DCE deletion and rediscovery

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2019-12-11

Hello Jeff.

Did someone go to the BCM device entry in the DCO navigation view and clear the lost association?

Regards

Greg Sterling

(CID:152569881)

Highlighted

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jeff Shaw on 2019-12-11

I'll check. I didn't see a lost association under "discovered devices" but if its only visible in the navigation view, I didn't do that. I will do that and mark this answered when I figure it out. I will make an attempt tomorrow Thursday 12/12/19 when I'm next logged into that customer environment.

(CID:152569883)

Highlighted

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jeff Shaw on 2019-12-12

All set, thank you!

(CID:152569885)

Highlighted

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.