This question was originally posted by Patrick on APC forums on 3/8/2020
I am new to using an UPS and would like some advice on using the correct settings to prevent trouble.
I have an SMT3000RMI2U with an NMC. I use it to power my NAS (Synology 1517+, connected through USB), and Ubuntu server (connected using apcupsd) on the Group 1 outlet. My modem, router and smarthome controler are on the main outlet
What I would like to achieve:
- Gracefull shutdown of the NAS
- Gracefull shutdown of Ubuntu
- I want to make sure the NAS and Ubuntu have enough time to shutdown before the outlet turns off
- I want the Group 1 to turn off after the servers have turned off
- Shutdown of the UPC and network/smarthome to save some battery capacity when the power outage takes long (say more than 15-30 minutes), so I want Main to stay on until the 15-30 minute mark is reached
- I want the setup to power back on after the power is restored (after 5 minutes or so to make sure the power is really back). First powering on the mains to restore the network, after that restore the power on Group 1 and sending signals to the NAS and Ubuntu to restore.
The problem for me is that there are settings on three devices/applications (NAS, NMC and apcupsd), and I get lost in them.
Can anyone guide or help me with some timings / settings?
Thanks a lot in advance!!
This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/9/2020
What version of Ubuntu Linux are you running and what firmware revision is the NMC running?
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!