In TAC Vista 5.1.9 when trying to lock a license file to an end user dongle, the taclic vendor daemon starts briefly, but then stops again and you see the error "Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code)" in the taclic.log file. Usually you only see that message if the license file has been tampered with.
8:48:28 (taclic) Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code) 8:48:28 (taclic) ==>INCREMENT Menta.View taclic 5.1 permanent 1 ISSUER=TAC \
ISSUED=30-may-2014 BORROW NOTICE=3424672 \
SN=FID__47eba299_146164ca427__7ec5 SIGN="13DC 795D AF25 E8ED \
D6EG 7BAA 8495 2ED7 B4B0 F6E4 EDD8 C3C1 6EAE 2BF0 598D 0759 \
AE4A 3C9E 391C A6ED B313 9971 369A 349C 8671 E194 2E42 E2DC \
- TAC Vista 5.1.9
- License Server
An issue has been detected in TAC Vista 5.1.9 when locking a license file to an end user dongle. You see the error "Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code)" in the taclic.log file. The error is located in the taclic.exe file.
Contact PSS for a permanent hotfix for this issue, or download it from Exchange Download Center.
Work around 1: Lock the license to the MAC address of the PC
- Follow Rehosting a Vista 5 License on the FlexNet License Server to rehost a license file to a MAC address.
Work around 2: Use a previous version of the taclic.exe file
- Access a PC having a previous version of the license server installed
- Locate the file "taclic.exe" and copy it - it's normally located in the TAC Vista installation folder under "License Server"
- Stop the license server on the PC having TAC Vista 5.1.9 installed
- Rename the original taclic.exe file to taclic_11.12.exe
- Paste the "taclic.exe" file you copied into the folder
- Start the license again
In general when working with the license system on TAC Vista versions from 5.1.8 and above, this utility can come in handy: TACLicenseServer Settings.