While opening a Menta file whose file name has changed, the following error appears:
Cannot open file:
C:\$Projects\MentaFile.MTA (File path of the offending file)
The cause of this error is typically due to manually renaming an .MTA through Windows instead of using the Menta "Save As" function, which causes corruption.
- Right-click on the .MTA Menta file and select "Open with..."
- Open the file with a text editor, such as Notepad
- Scroll to the right on the second line to find the name of the file Menta is expecting with an .AUT extension. The text will have extra spaces between each letter.
Caution: Do not make changes to the file in NotePad or save the file.
Example: N E W M E N T A F I L E . A U T
- Rename the file in Windows using the file name found in the text editor, but with a .MTA extension.
- To avoid having to perform this correction, always use the Menta "Save As" function to rename .MTA files.