"Access Denied" errors are reported during the re-installation of the Niagara R2 software.
Niagara R2 software
The files installed in the nre\modules folder are write protected.
If an attempt is made to reinstall Niagara R2 software on a computer, an installation error frequently occurs. The Niagara installer (second installation program) progresses one tick on the progress bar then displays a "Module Install Error" window containing the message "Access is Denied".
Clicking the OK button to acknowledge the error results in the message window reappearing multiple times. This occurs because the files installed in the nre\modules folder are write protected when installed. To prevent this problem before attempting to reinstall any release of the Niagara R2 software,
- Open Windows Explorer ("My Computer")
- Select all files in the niagara\nre\modules folder
- Right-click on the selected files
- Select "properties" from the displayed menu. The Properties window appears.
- Clear the mark in the "Read-only" box
- Click the OK button.