Xenta Programmable Device is Offline in Vista, but Online in LonMaker.
For LonWorks Devices refer to LonWorks Device is Offline in Vista but Online in LonMaker or NL220.
- LonMaker, NL220
- Vista Workstation
- Xenta programmable controllers
- Xenta 280, 281, 282, 283, 300, 301, 302, 401, 401:B
In an LNS system, Xenta programmable controllers have different methods of communication to the LNS server and the Vista server. Communication with the LNS server indicates the wiring is connected, the neuron ID is set correctly, but does not guarantee communication with the Vista server. An online condition for Vista is dependent on Xenta Group bindings and network description files in the device and the Xenta Group Master being online.
- Ensure that Vista Workstation is in Operating Mode vs. Engineering Mode.
- Refresh the Folders View - Highlight the root directory "TAC Vista" press "F5" or click the refresh icon.
- Ensure the device is physically Online in LonMaker even though the drawing displays as green.
Check the status by right clicking on the device, select Properties.
Commission Status should say "Current", and State should say "Online".
Alternatively, right click on the device and select Manage / Test.
The state should read "configured online" if the device is online in LonMaker.
- Make sure that your Master Device in the corresponding Xenta Group in the System Plug-in is online.
If the Master Device is online and displaying values, it is always necessary to download the application and parameters to the Xenta group after adding a new device.
The entire Xenta Group must know there is a new device for proper communication to occur.
Download the applications and parameters to the entire group in the TAC System Plug-In.
- If all the above is true and there is still no data then use Verifying Xenta Group Bindings in an LNS system to verify that the Xenta Group Bindings are correct.
If not, in the Vista system plug-in, click on the LNS Network tab choose Create Group Bindings and click Yes on the Resynchronize drawing to database (Fix-up Drawing).
- Ensure the Xenta Group name is less than 20 characters without any spaces.
Note: Channel names can contain spaces (NL220) but still must stay under the 20 character limit.