WPT and WPTE require certain Microsoft Security updates for Visio and for Office running on the host machines.
Issues currently observed:
- Different and various functions in the fluent ribbon do not work or the ribbon does not appear.
- Following error "Application compile failure during save operation" is seen when saving/compiling an application in WorkPlace Tech Editor
EcoStruxure Building Operation, TAC IA Series
- Visio 2010, 2013, 2016,(.msi install) Visio 2019 is not supported in 5.9.4 or EBO versions. Visio 2019 is supported when using Workplace Tech 5.10 only.
- Visio 2013, 2016, 2019 (subscription "Click to Run", Plan 1 or 2)
- Office 2010, 2013, 2016 (.msi install)
- Office 2013, 2016, 365 (subscription "Click to Run" , Plan 1 or 2)
- Support for Workplace Tech 5.10 / previous and Workplace Tech Editor
Interoperability of Visio and Office can cause problems with Workplace Tech and Workplace Tech Editor if these MS16-70 updates are not applied. If the Office / Visio product is "Click to Run" the software has not been updated to the latest version.
Install the updates from Microsoft Security Bulletin MS-16-70
Visio 2010 32 bit KB3114872 Office 2010 KB3115198 select 32 bit
Visio 2013 32 bit KB3115020 Office 2013 KB3115173 select 32 bit
Visio 2016/2019 32 bit KB3115041 Office 2016 KB3115144 select 32 bit
NOTE: If the Visio or Office is "Click to Run" (subscription such as Office 365, Plan1 or 2) rather then from a Microsoft Office .msi, the product should be upgraded by using the Update Options feature
If you try and install the KB/.msi install patches, you will get this message