WorkPlace Tech will not recognize the Echelon U10 USB Lon Network Interface adapter. The “Loading Device Driver” is displayed but nothing happens after that.
WorkPlace Tech 5.8.x
LON1 port may have been previously assigned to another LON interface.
1. Make sure the Echelon Open LVD 4.0 is installed on PC.
2. Close WorkPlace Tech if open
3. Disconnect the Echelon Lon USB adapter from the PC.
4. Open Control Panel and open LonWorks Interfaces
5. Select View from the Menu and check “Show Detached Interfaces”
6. Highlight LON1 in the tree and click the “Remove” from the menu
- Click Yes in the “Confirm Removal” window to remove the detach device
7. While in same widow, reconnect the Echelon USB Lon Adapter to the PC
- The messages: “Installing device driver” will display in the system tray followed by “Echelon USB Network Interface Installed.
- The LON1 interface should now be displayed
You can test the communication if you like
Now open WorkPlace Tech and you should be able to discover the LON devices.