What is required to transfer your MicroNet View license to a new computer?
- MicroNet View
Transfer MicroNet View license from existing PC to the new PC.
On the existing computer:
- Close MicroNet View and all associated programs.
- Go to the folder “C:\MicroNet\Binary\VCommon\License”
- Copy the “WWSUITE.LIC” file off the computer.
- Go to the C:\MicroNet\Projects folder copy your Micronet View project off the computer.
- Remove the MicroNet View dongle and the I/O server dongle from the old computers parallel port.
On the new computer:
- Install MicroNet View on the new computer; if it is running Windows XP you must install the Hasp dongle driver from the Hasp folder of the MicroNet View installation CD.
- Plug the two dongles into the parallel port of the new computer. (The computers parallel port must be a manufacturer’s standard parallel port, additionally added parallel port cards do not allow the dongles to be recognized).
- Copy the “WWSUITE.LIC” license file onto the new computer under the “C:\MicroNet\Binary\VCommon\License” folder.
- Copy your Micronet View project onto the computer under the folder “C:\MicroNet\Projects”.
- Re-boot the computer.
- Open the MicroNet View project manager (C:\MicroNet\Binary\Project\MNProject.exe).
- From the menu select ”Find and register a project”
- Find your project, highlight your project, and press OK.
You should now be able to run your MicroNet View project on the new computer now.