What batteries and PSU cards can be used in a x96 Controller?
Other, Satchwell Sigma
What batteries and PSU cards can be used in a x96 Controller or BAS controller?
- S-ARM7-BAT is the Sigma UNC PCB Battery Spare for the ARM7 CPU Board. The battery itself is a Ni-MH 2-Button Cell, 2.4v, 80mAh.
- S-V53-BAT is the Sigma UNC PCB Battery Spare for the V53/V25 CPU Board. The battery itself is a Ni-MH 3-Button Cell, 3.6v, 150mAh.
- S-X96-BAT is the Sigma UNCx96 Hi-Capacity Battery for the x96 products. The battery itself is a Ni-MH D-Cell pack, 10.8v, 5Ah (12-Hour).
- S-X96-STD is the Sigma UNCx96 Standard Capacity Battery for the x96 products. The battery itself is Ni-MH AA-Cell pack, 10.8v, 1500mAh (1.2-Hour)
Due to UK legislation in 2006 NiCad batteries could not be used and changes were made where NiMh batteries are used instead
2016-01-22: - Confirmed both the S-X96-STD and the S-X96-BAT battery packs are currently available.
Note: Schneider sales do not understand dashes, so when asking for price and availability you need to remove the dashes or they will not find the parts.
|Specification||Sales need||Price provided by sales|
General Rules for battery replacement and PSU card replacement/modification are:
- 11/2008 to present - The controller was originally shipped with the NIMH battery and PSU card suitable for charging the NiMH battery. These PSU cards are suitable for charging both NiMH and NiCad batteries.
- 04/2004 to 10/2008 x96 BAS/V53 PSU cards - The PSU card have to be replaced to fully charge NiMH batteries.
- 1999 to 03/2004 x96 BAS/V53 PSU cards - The PSU card have to be replaced to fully charge NiMH batteries.
- Pre 1999 BAS PSU cards - 2 resistors are required, the TPA explains how. The resistors are shipped with the NiMh battery. Note: If upgrading to Sigma then the Upgrade kit S-x96-UPKIT should be used which includes a new PSU card.