Webclient currently unavailable Error 80070005 Check your DCOM permissions when launching webclient or webclient is currently unavailable.
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
A remote reboot will not write DCOM permissions the same way a local reboot does. Other Server configurations can cause this.
- A webClient installation was performed using Windows Remote Desktop or some other remote access software and the reboot after the webclient install was executed using the remote software.
To fix this, reboot the Webclient server directly from the server itself. There are security permissions that do not get written properly when rebooting remotely and a direct reboot corrects this problem.
- Start Continuum on the Webclient PC locally, not remotely. Be sure Continuum has been started on the webclient PC.
- Also see, Webclient unavailable error when attempting to logon which mentions making sure the Network Service is selected for the default app pool.
- 64-bit OS will cause this error as well. Webclient versions pre 1.94 are not supported on any 64 bit platform.
- If that doesn't work then a complete reinstall and reboot on the server will be required. Remote installs are typically problematic.
- If changes were made to .net try the following steps:
- Start> Run> cmd (Enter) To get to a DOS prompt
- cd\Windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727 (change directory to this folder)
- run the command aspnet_regiis.exe -i (It will say installing .net, this re-registers .net with IIS)
- Restart Windows on the webclient PC and restart Continuum