- No events in Vista
- No events in SQL
- $Queue grows in size
- SQL Database
DSSWriterService is responsible to transfer log data and event's from TAC Vista queues into the SQL Database, it is crucial that this process has enough authority else no logs or events will be written.
To change the user that handles DSSWriterService:
- Click on Start - Settings - Control Panel
- Open Administrative Tool and execute Services
- In the list to the right, (Services), locate TAC DSS Writer Services
- Right-click the TAC DSS Writer Services and choose properties
- Click on tab Log On
- Use Local System account or under "This account" specify a user with the correct authority
Restart the Service and check the $queue folder. If folder insertevents and insertlogvalues are empty or just have a few files that are being removed the DSS Writer is working and has a connection with SQL.
NOTE: After Vista 5.1.7 the Queue folders have been reworked and there are additional folders under insertevents and insertlogvalues. You will have to navigate under them to find the Event/log files.