Unable to send alarm generated emails via the Yahoo’s SMTP server in I/A Series G3. The following error messages are displayed in the console output window when attempting to send a mail via Yahoo’s SMTP server.
- javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.mail.yahoo.com, port: 465;
- Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
TAC I/A Series
- Niagara G3
An incorrect STMP hostname was used in the “Hostname” of the OutgoingAccount. The correct Yahoo outgoing mail address, “smtp.mail.yahoo.com”, must be entered for in the OutgoingAccount “Hostname”.
Procedure and properties settings required when using the Yahoo SMTP Server:
- Add the EmailService and CryptoService to the station's Services folder. If emails are to be sent from an ENC, ensure that the email and crypto modules (and their dependencies) are installed into the ENC.
- Add the OutgoingAccount to the EmailService.
- In the OutgoingAccount properties, configure the properties indicated below. Leave other properties as their default settings.
- Hostname: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port: 465 (this is the TCP port SMTP over SSL uses)
- Account: firstname.lastname@example.org (works without the “@yahoo.com” as well)
- Password: Your Yahoo account password
- Enabled: true
- Use SSL: true (Yahoo requires SSL)
- Transport: Smtp
- Use Authentication: true (Yahoo requires authentication when sending out emails)
- Reply to: email@example.com (“The Reply To” must contain a valid Yahoo account)
- You can test the functionality by right-clicking on the EmailService and selecting 'Actions' > 'Send' to send out an email.
- CryptoService enables the SSL feature in the G3 station.
- The crypto module is included in the installation of I/A Series G3 version 3.6 but it was not included in earlier versions. You can download the crypto modules for earlier versions of G3 from The Exchange Download Center.
- Ensure that the station is licensed for crypto. You can look into your license file to check. Below is an example taken from a demo license.
feature expiration="2012-03-31" name="crypto" parts="ENS-DEMO" ssl="true"