Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
After successfully setting up KISOK mode to automatically login in to WebStation another user wants to login through WebStation on the same PC.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
StruxureWare Building Operation WebStation
The GUEST account login URL used with KIOSK mode retains the last user logged in and the WebStation menu bars have been removed so that user cannot "logout". Any subsequent attempts to access the WebStation using the same browser result in being automatically logged in under the GUEST account.
The "KIOSK" link that you create will login automatically with the GUEST account as long as the GUEST account has already been created in the ES/AS. This then must set the "last credentials" in IE for that website and any subsequent connections to that server, even to the direct login URL, result in automatically being logged in with those last credentials.
One of the two options below should work to disable GUEST login depending on where your ES is located.
- Enterprise Server on another computer or accessing an Automation Server
Disconnect the Ethernet cable for the computer or disable the network port while Building Operation Workstation attempts to login returning user to the login prompt.
- Enterprise Server on same computer
The Enterprise Server can be stopped temporarily and the next attempt to start Building Operation Workstation will result in a communication failure allowing you to modify the "Remember me on this computer" selection.
To be prompted for a login:
- Disconnect the ES/AS with one of the options above.
- Then try to connect to the server page at "http:/localhost:444" (or your specific URL:Port). This results in a "this page can't be displayed" (or similar) message.
- Then start the service, or reconnect cable, and again attempt to connect to "http:/localhost:444". You should be presented with the login page. Do not try to open up the "KIOSK" URL or else this will again login with the GUEST account and you'll be back to square one.
- The next time you use the "KIOSK" URL it will automatically login with the GUEST account and this will again be used for subsequent logins until the above steps are repeated.
Note1: This could result in loss of data while the Enterprise Server is stopped.
Note2: Also see StruxureWare Building Operation Workstation Auto Login feature locked if encountering this issue with a Workstation.