Unable to connect Remote Client to Standalone Server
ASTDIR error when attempting to configure I/NET is sometimes caused by not being logged in as an administrator.
To configure a remote client open port 50069 between the 2 workstations, use an admin level I/NET password to initiate communication and be logged in as an administrator on the local machine.
- Log in to Windows as an administrator level user
- Make sure that I/O server is not running
- Open I/NET Configuration
- Modify the active profile or create a new one
- Set TCP/IP settings as well as required reference hosts
- For Workstation type, select Remote Client or Remote Client (w/IO)
- When the authentication screen comes up enter an I/NET operator name that has full access.
- Enter the Host name of the standalone machine functioning as the server. (you may also enter the IP address instead)
- Leave Authentication Type as default.
- Press OK
- Press OK and start I/NET