Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support for assistance.
PCT does not run properly following installation.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
Building Operation Project Configuration Tool (PCT)
Certain environmental settings may need to be adjusted in order to successfully install PCT. These settings are not described in the Project Configuration Reference Guide.
If you have issues successfully running PCT after installation, check the following items:
- Enable Virtual Hardware Acceleration in BIOS
Use this tool to check if virtual hardware acceleration is already enabled on your PC:
- Disable all Ethernet Adapters except the one in use (Only applies to Server Mode):
It may be necessary to check Windows Device Manager for hidden network adapters
- Disable the Windows firewall
- Disable Anti-Virus Software
- A true local account may be needed to install and/or run PCT due to Group Policy or other factors.
- Use Run as Administrator for both installing and running PCT
Note: You can right-click the PCT icon, open properties, select the “Compatibility” tab, and check the box “Run this program as an administrator”
- Test PCT by opening up the software application, creating a project, creating a server, and opening it up in WorkStation
- If PCT opens and works then enable Windows firewall and Anti-Virus program.
- User may need to allow PCT in Windows firewall and PCT utilize port 9091 as default.
- User may need to add exceptions within Anti-Virus software settings.
- We recommend installing Microsoft Fix 50410 to prefer IPv4 over IPv6. This software can be found here:
- Choose the following download: Prefer IPv4 over IPv6 in prefix policies.