How can many years worth of logged data be stored in an Automation Server?
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Trend Logging
- Extended Trend Logging
Site requirements may dictate that longer-than-usual histories of data be kept on file. For example, to log a value every 5 minutes for 2 years equates to approximately 105120 records per year. A Trend log in an AS will store 1000 records. An Extended Trend Log will store 100,000 records. Therefore a single log will start to overwrite in about a year.
For the latest up to date values please review Maximum number using StruxureWare Building Operation (Scalability and Capacity).
To overcome this issue, two Trend Logs and Extended Trend Logs are required.
- Create a Trend Log and Extended Trend Log for Year 1 (Odd Years).
- Create a second Trend Log and Extended Trend Log for Year 2 (Even Years).
- Both of the above Trend Logs with be set to log the same variable.
- Create a program to select if the year is "odd" or "even", a possible Script might be.
- In each trend log select the "Activation Method" as "Variable Controlled", and in the "Activation variable" field, "Browse" to the "Script Program" output that is appropriate.
- Logging will now take place in the Trend Log appropriate for that year.