After installation of G3 Workbench version 3.4.57 or 3.5.25, the Software Manager on the Localhost may display that the sun-jre-win-x86 VM module is out of date:
- Niagara G3 version 3.4.57 or 3.5.25
- Sun JRE VM Module
While this is not a fatal error condition, the module can be updated.
NOTE: if the installed version is 3.5.25, replace path references to "3.4.57" in the paths with "3.5.25"
- Shut down Workbench
- Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to the C:\niagara\niagara-3.4.57 directory
- Rename the jre folder to jre.old
- Now, navigate to the C:\niagara\niagara-3.4.57\sw\188.8.131.52 directory. Using WinZip, open the sun-jre-win-x86.dist file (or the sun-jre-win-x64.dist file if using the 64-bit version of Workbench). Select all of the folders in the archive, and extract them to the C:\niagara\niagara-3.4.57 directory (see below). Make sure that the “Use folder names” (or equivalent) box is checked. After the extraction, a new jre folder is created.
- Run the Platform Daemon (Start > Programs > Enterprise Network Server 3.4.57 > Install Platform Daemon)
- Open Workbench, and then open the Software Manager in the Platform. The Sun VM will now show "Up to Date"