The 6 character PIN for the SmartXKiosk has been forgotten so the user cannot exit Kiosk mode.
Note: The PIN is case sensitive.
- SmartX Controller
The 6 character PIN for the SmartXKiosk has been forgotten or lost and the user cannot locate it.
In order to reset your SmartXKiosk PIN, follow the steps below.
- In the SmartXKiosk application, click on Exit Kiosk Mode in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In the Exit Kiosk Mode window, click on Forgot PIN?. An 8 character Session ID will be generated, take note of the Session ID.
- Open a ticket with Product Support to request a SmartXKiosk PIN reset and provide them with the Session ID.
- Once Product Support sends you back the Recovery PIN, click Continue on the Session ID window. In the next window you will fill in the Session ID from step 2 and the Recovery PIN that Product Support sent you. Click Continue.
- You can now reset your PIN. Enter your new 6-digit PIN number and confirm it before clicking Submit. The PIN is case sensitive. It must be exactly 6 characters, otherwise an error will occur.
Note: The Session ID generated and the Recovery PIN provided to you by Product Support is only valid for 24 hours.