Clarity is needed on the new ES License Inheritance feature available in EBO 3.x
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
- Building Operation Enterprise Central
- Building Operation SmartX Server (AS-P, AS-B)
The evolving Licensing Model of EBO has offered the option of Embedded Licenses in SmartX Servers, such as SNMP Licenses, since EBO 2.x.
The concept of Inheriting Licenses from an ES into a SmartX Server is a new option which can be used from EBO 3.1 onward, although the original Embedded License option still remains, but what does this actually mean?
In EBO 3.1, SNMP Licenses may be inherited from an ES into any number of child SmartX Servers (up to limits defined in relevant Architectural Guideline documentation).
In EBO 3.2 SNMP and TimescaleDB. Licenses may be inherited from an ES into any number of child SmartX Servers (up to limits defined in relevant Architectural Guideline documentation).
'Inheritance' means that an ES License will be shared down to its child SmartX Servers while also being retained for use by the ES.
- SmartX Servers must be running the minimum supported 3.x version for Inheritance to function
- There is no such thing as a 'Site License' that can accommodate multiple ES
- There is no Licenses Inheritance from an EC