Cannot change the IP address or host a Smart Controller MPX/RPX in a second EBO Server
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- IP address BACnet
- SmartX IP Controller MPX MP-C MP-V RPC CRS, IP-IO
- ECommission Tool eCT
1. IP settings are saved (eg in eCommission Tool), but the IP address of the Controller does not change. (Option to change most settings is grayed out from eCT v3.x for hosted SmartX IP Controllers)
2. The Controller is already hosted by an EBO server and cannot be hosted by a second EBO server, thus data objects cannot be read.
3. Rehosting an MP device to a different EBO server
1. Changing the IP address "settings" can be done with eCommission Tool in some earlier versions but if the SmartX IP Controller is already fully hosted by an EBO Server, then a warm start from the eCommission Tool is inhibited. (Option to change most settings is grayed out from eCT v3.x for hosted SmartX IP Controllers)
Without the hosting Server initiated warm start the new IP setting will not be used.
If the SmartX IP Controller is not hosted then the IP address can be changed from the eCommission Tool, using the warm start option.
- A local warm start initiated at the SmartX IP Controller(manually with the reset button) will not force the SmartX IP Controller to use these new settings.
- See MP Series Controller Commissioning Scenarios
- The IP address of a Hosted SmartX IP Controller cannot be modified from eCommission Tool
- A factory reset will force the SmartX IP Controller to return to AutoIP and DHCP
2. When a SmartX IP Controller is fully hosted by an EBO Server, it can be BACnet hosted by a second EBO Server, but this will only contain the standard BACnet Applications folder. This hosted BACnet Device needs to be manually created using the SmartX IP Controller instance Id.
Below, it can be seen that the fully hosted SmartX IP Controller and the BACnet only hosting under ASP_22
3. When a SmartX IP Controller is configured or programmed via the hosting EBO Serving using WorkStation, some of the objects (eg. Scripts or Function Block) data is not fully contained within the SmartX IP Controller . Thus if the hosting EBO server is changed, some of the configuration data will be lost and a simple upload to the new hosting EBO Server will not upload all the data required to recreated these objects.
In such a case, an export from the original hosting EBO Server should be imported into the new hosting EBO Server to ensure no data is lost.