Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support for assistance.
Sigma parallel port dongle or USB dongle upgrade to software license
Sigma version 4.08
It is becoming increasingly harder to purchase computers with parallel ports.
With the increase use of virtual computer operating systems USB ports may not be available either.
∴ A different type of Sigma licensing will be required.
PSS can arrange for an upgrade from your existing parallel port or USB type Sigma dongle to an SBO/EBO software license entitlement for Sigma 4.0.8.
Sites running Sigma 4.07 or older does not support software licensing and would need to be upgraded to Sigma version 4.08.57 or later to include the software option.
Sigma Software license type availability is documented on page 8 in the Sigma 4.08 release note.
For engineers using Sigma 4.08:
The StruxureWare Building Operation Evaluation License, available from the Schneider Electric Download Center, will unlock the Sigma 4.08 for testing etc for the period of the Evaluation License (maximum 3 months or until the expiry of the downloaded license).
For customer sites using Sigma 4.08:
To reduce the Sigma system downtime, currently PSS operate on a trust basis and provide the software license in advance.
PSS require you to send the old Sigma dongle back to the PSS representative that is assisting you with your license upgrade. This should be completed within 30 days of receiving your software license.
Once you receive the software license entitlement for Sigma. Install the SBO License Server version 1.6 or later. (it is recommended that the latest available version of the SBO License Server compatible with the computer's operating system is used).
- Download the Sigma Dongle Replacement - Required Data form.
- Complete the cells highlighted/filled in blue.
- Approval is required from the regional category manager (various contacts are listed on the spreadsheet) and confirm this in cell C5 on the spreadsheet.
- Open a case with Product Support Services (PSS)
- Supply the completed spreadsheet and a copy of the category manager's authorizing email.
- PSS will escalate your request for the software license.
Note: If your current Sigma dongle contains Remote Alarm Manager licensing, Remote Alarm Manager does not support the EBO license server option. The USB dongle can still be used or a TAC license server type license can be used instead of the dongle.
To install the software licensing option for Sigma 4.08: -
- Stop the Sigma server service.
- Install EBO License Administrator.
- Add your entitlement to the EBO License Server.
- Start the Sigma server service.
- Sigma should now be licensed.