How to configure Security Expert to fire an output when any user associated with a specific access level is granted access to a door
- Security Expert Controller
- Security Expert Server
There are various settings in different objects that must be correctly configured to accomplish use case of firing an output upon user associated with a specific Access Level being granted access to a door.
- In the Access Level object make the following configuration changes...
- In the General tab, in the 'Configuration' section, set the 'Time to Activate Output (seconds)' to the number of seconds you want to activate the output for and check the option labeled 'Reader Access Activates Output'
- In the 'Outputs' tab, add the output(s) that you want to fire when a user is granted access to one of the doors associated with the Access Level
- In the reader expander, in the appropriate reader tab (1 or 2) under the 'MISC OPTIONS' section, check the box labeled 'Activate Access Level Output'
With the above configuration, the specified output(s) will fire for the specified number of seconds each time a user is granted access to any of the doors associated with the Access Level object.