Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support for assistance.
Timeout errors appear while attempting to download a controller assigned to the secondary download server after editing the configuration file to add a secondary Download Server
Security Expert Application Server
Security Expert Download Server
A Download pending and a timeout error may show when trying to download a controller assigned to the secondary server if the secondary download service isn't started or the configuration files have not been properly edited.
The Application Note AN 290 Security Expert - Setting up a Secondary Security Expert Download Server - Integration Guide describes changes to the SecurityExpertSV2.exe.config file required for the second download server. The SecurityExpertSV2.exe.config Modified Connection Strings section needs additional clarification and there is no mention of SecurityExpertSV.exe.config file in the application note which also needs to be configured.
- Open the An-290 Security Expert - Setting up a Secondary Security Expert Download Server from the link above. Follow all the steps up to the Server Configuration section on page 7. This article is to clarify just that section of the application note. (The app note will be changed in the future)
- Ensure both Security Expert download server installations are on a domain.
Note: A multiple download server configuration will not work within a workgroup.
- Make a copy of 2 files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\Security Expert\SecurityExpertSV2.exe.config and SecurityExpertSV.exe.config Note: the different names of these files).
- Rename the original files or delete them
- Download SecurityExpertSV-SV2.exe.config.BLANK.zip from this article's attachment section and unzip both files into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\Security Expert folder on the secondary download server
- Edit the new SecurityExpertSV2.exe.config file with Notepad++ or Notepad with admin rights
- Change the fields highlighted in yellow in the image below (PrimaryServerIP address, database name(if not using the default) and password), to match the site and save the file.
- Edit the new SecurityExpertSV.exe.config file with Notepad++ or Notepad with admin rights
- Change the fields highlighted in yellow in the image below (PrimaryServerIP address, database name and password), to match what the site configuration and save the file.
- Continue to Page 8 of "Setting up a Secondary Security Expert Download Server Integration Guide" to complete setting up the Secondary Download server