Cannot connect to, and send reports to a monitoring station through a reporting service
Security Expert Server
Trouble connecting to a central station
All the necessary information for a reporting service should be provided by the monitoring station. These can include the following:
- Client Code
- Reporting Protocol
- Any necessary encryption information
- IP Address
- Port Number
- Phone Number
- Ensure all of the information provided by the monitoring station has been entered correctly.
- Ensure the Service is running.
- Has the controller downloaded the change?
- Ensure the Service has been assigned to the appropriate area. This is done in the Programming > Areas > Configuration menu.
- Ensure the Area's main portion / 24hr portion is armed.
- Ensure the Inputs that are being monitored have an input type assigned and are in the area.
- Ensure the Input Type has the correct options selected (e.g. generate alarms)
- Under Programming > Services > Options, ensure you have selected the checkboxes are selected for what you'd like to report to the monitoring station.
- Has the IP Port been opened on the controller's network to allow outbound and inbound traffic?
Report IP services have some checkboxes in the Options tab that can help diagnose where the issue is. If the message is failing to reach the station, enable these options for troubleshooting.
- Log Acknowledge Response
- Log Polling Message
- Log Message Retries
- Log Reporting Failure
ContactID also has a checkbox that will produce events for each step in the communication process and will indicate where the problem is. If the message is failing to reach the station, enable this option for troubleshooting.
- Log Modem Events to Event Buffer
Always disable these troubleshooting options when the site is running without service issues as they will fill up the event database very quickly.