Can the old Robertshaw T99 temperature sensors be integrated to SBO?
EcoStruxure Building Operation, TAC IA Series
SBO all versions
Retrofit job installation
According to the RTD-DI-16 specification sheet, the T99 sensor can be integrated to SBO as follows with some limitations.
- Use an RTD-DI-16 module with a 2 or 3 wire RTD resistive input.
- Select 1000 ohm for the Sensor class property of the RTD input object.
- Configure the Conversion Settings properties of the RTD input object near the endpoints of the temperature range to be measured using values from the T99 temperature/resistance table.
- Configure the remaining properties of the RTD input as needed.
- Input Range. An RTD-DI-16 input configured for 1000 ohm operation is limited to an input resistance range of 500 to 2200 ohms. This will limit the temperature range that can be measured with a T99 sensor to ~115 deg. F maximum.
- Linearity Error. Depending on the range of temperatures to be measured and the needs of the application, linearity error may be significant. This can be corrected by using a script or function block program to linearize the signal based on the T99 temperature/resistance table values.