- Separate a 7792 or 7793 into two 7798C
- Split SAV files
- I/NET Seven
- 779x Controllers
Need to replace a 7792 or 7793 which has two station addresses and replace with two 7798C Controllers which have one station address
To split the required SAV Files:
- Download and Extract the attached SAV_Split_EXE.zip
- Make a backup of the I/NET Seven system using DBCreate.
- Perform Station Save to all the required controllers
- Copy the SAV files that need to be split to the same location where the ZIP file was extracted too in step 1.
- Run the SAV_Splt.exe
- The commands are showing the Sav_Splt.txt file contained within the ZIP file and shown below
Use this tool to create two 7798 SAV files from a dual-station 7793
Sav_Split.exe (with no parameters will check all save files in the current directory and split 2 station 7793s.)
Sav_Split.exe LLSS (where LL = Link and SS = Station)
The resulting files will be named DCULLSS-0.SAV and DCULLSS-1.SAV.
Rename these files appropriately to match the link and station of
the 7798 into which each will be loaded.
Results: DCU0906-0.SAV and DCU0906-1.SAV
Finally check the split files using the "Work Offline" mode within I/NET Workstation.
Any issues or additional questions please raise a case with your local support
For SAV file upgrade information see How to upgrade bin and SAV files in I/NET controllers.