Activation of the Security Expert SSN with a new installation of the client software, software extensions (e.g. SX-VIM, SX-DOR-50) and integration licenses (e.g. SX-NVR, SX-CAM-10) need to be completed manually because there is no Internet access.
The computer Security Expert client is installed on does not have Internet access to use the automatic license update. The manual method must be used to register and obtain the new license.
How to manually register a Security Expert licence:
- In the Security Expert client go to About | License | License Update and generate a .req request file.
- Copy this file to a machine that does have Internet access.
- Navigate to https://se.ict.co/license/
- Enter your details on this web page.
- Upload the .req file and click Submit.
- You should then be able to download a .lic file.
- Back in Security Expert, browse to your .lic file from the licencing page.
- After applying the license you will need to shut down the client, restart the services, and then start up the client again.
- v4.2.194 - Manual activation is supported.
- v4.2.216 - Manual license activation's are no longer supported and an Internet connection is required on the Security Expert installation to be able to perform a new activation or update a license.
- v4.2.243 - Manual activation is supported.
- v4.3.x - Manual activation is supported.