How to activate an embedded license for a SmartX Server using the Device Administrator when the computer with the Device Administrator is not connected to the internet.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
Building Operation Automation Server Premium (AS-P)
Device Administrator is used to manage licenses on SmartX servers
The following features of a SmartX server need licenses:
- SNMP Notifications
- Personal Dashboards
Building Operation 2022 Note:
- The offline entry of the Activation-ID License items is not all visible - ONLY the first 5 are shown. This makes entering this information impossible. This has been fixed in the Maintenance Release 4.0.2 of the Device Administrator.
- After activating the embedded license offline and transferring this license to the servers, a license violation may be still shown. The license status should update within 24 hours. Perform a warm start and then a Refresh License Status on the selected servers to force this update.
If an error is seen in the progress status indicating ASEmbeddedAPI internal error during the offline activation, check the following Embedded license activation fails - Communities to correct the corrupted storage.
This video will show how to activate an embedded license for a SmartX Server using the Device Administrator when the computer with the Device Administrator and/or the server is not connected to the internet.
• You need to be connected to the SmartX Server using IP (select +Add server on Device Administrator) and not a USB.
• Ensure to always run the Device administrator with admin privileges.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
• Create a request file using the Device Administrator on a computer that is offline.
• Activate request files from the Device Administrator on a PC connected to the internet.
• Send response files to the SmartX Server from the offline Device Administrator