Network 8000 HOST will not boot up, message "Unrecoverable error has occurred."
In some cases where the HOST loses power or is shut down without exiting properly, it will not boot up, and displays the following series of messages:
"Strong possibility that 3:/DMC.fmon / 011 has lost data.
** ERROR** In Shell call to fcompress to Routine error –1.
** ERROR** In Routine rebuild_fx_file error -14.
** ERROR** In Call to routine rebuild_db_file.
** ERROR** Unrecoverable error has occurred."
TAC IA Series
Host was not properly shut down.
To correct the problem, login to the QNX operating system and perform the following steps. QNX commands are enclosed in angle brackets, < cmd >. Type just the command, not the brackets, followed by ENTER.
See the HOST 8000 Troubleshooting Guide, F–26369, for more details on QNX commands and syntax.
- Check disk space, < files 3:/ >, note results, if less than 90% full, no problem.
- Check for busy files, < files 3:/ +b >, note results.
- Check for busy directories, < files 3:/ +d +b >, delete the 3:/tmp temporary directory, < zap 3:/tmp >. Should be prompted “file zapped”.
- Check the 3:/DMC.fmon directory, delete file new.f if it exists.
- Change directory, < cd DMC.fmon >.
- Verify change of directory, < pwd >,should be “3:/DMC.fmon”
- List contents of directory, < ls > ( lower-case L, not the number 1).
- Delete file new.f if it exists, < zap new.f >, should see “file zapped”.
- Delete the 011 file group, as follows:
- < zap 011.f >, should see “file zapped”.
- < zap 011.k >, should see “file zapped”.
- < zap 011.x >, should see “file zapped”.
- Verify file deletion, < ls > ; 011.f, 011.k, and 011.x should be gone.
- Recreate the 011 file group, as follows:
- < fconstruct 011 >
- < kconstruct 011 >
- Verify files have been rebuilt, < ls >; contents should include 011.f, 011.k, 011.x as well as the 021 and 054 files.
- Reboot the system, it should now boot all the way to the white Barber-Colman login screen.