Using the IR Tool or RS 485 converter to communicate with the controller
RS232 to RS485 converter.
Configuration and use of NCP Palm.
Using the IR Tool to communicate with a Unifact Pro controller.
- Connect the IR Tool to your laptop and Unifact Pro controller.
- Start the NCP Palm programme.
- Select the correct serial communications port and uncheck the CTS / RTS selection boxes, then select OK.
- From the "File" menu select "Connect"
Enter 0 for the Subnet address, 0 for the Node address, then select OK.
- This has now confirmed that you are connected to the IR Tool.
- To connect to the controller select the "File" menu and select "DisConnect"
- Select the "File" menu and then select "Connect".
Enter 1 for the Subnet address, 1 for the Node address, then select OK.
You are now connected to the controller.
Using an RS 232/485 converter is similar to connecting to the controller, but the controller communications terminals are used instead of the IR Tool.
For further details on NCP Palm, please click HERE.